- 5 dl whipping cream
- 1,5 dl Baileys
- 1,5 tsp vanilla powder (real vanilla, not vanilla sugar)
- 1 dl farine sugar
- 4 gelatine sheets
- Put the gelatine sheets to cold water.
- Put cream, baileys, vanilla and sugar to a pan and let cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Take the pan from the lid. Squeeze excess water from gelatine sheets and add them to the pan. Stir until sheets have dissolved.
- Pour cream mixture slowly to five glasses. Put glasses to the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Serve this delicacy with lingonberries and crushed roasted almonds.
Our philosophical thoughts of the recipe:
We had a lovely dinner with the Silja-gang (plus me, who never has worked on a boat). We meet about once a month and take turns who cooks a delightful dinner for others. This time it was us, Jens and me. Our initial plan was to have a BBQ party outside, but the weather became quite cold, windy and rainy… So we served our three course meal inside and made a proper dessert! This is a great and quick dessert to do if you have a couple of hours before serving it. Two hours in the fridge is enough, so you have good time to entertain your quests and eat starters and main course.
But don’t tell your quests what is waiting for them so that you don’t end up answering questions like “is it hard yet?” ;)
Our quests enjoyed, we hope you do as well!