- 2,5 dl crushed nuts or almonds
- 300g carrots
- 1can (á 400g) crushed pineapples
- 5dl flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 3,5dl sugar
- 2,5dl melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 400g Philadelphia cheese
- 100g butter in room temperature
- 500g powder sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 zest of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C.
- Fry the crushed nuts for a couple of minutes on a hot pan so that they become golden.
- Wash and grate carrots.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Whisk eggs for ca. 1 minute and add sugar to the egg mixture. Continue whisking so that mixture becomes fluffy and light in color. Add vanilla extract and melted, cooled butter.
- Add flours carefully to the egg mixture --> mix only a little bit so that flours blend in.
- Add grated carrots, crushed pineapples and nuts.
- Share dough evenly to muffin forms.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool before removing the forms.
- Prepare the frosting: whisk all ingredients to a silky smooth mixture. Frost the carrot cake muffins, serve and enjoy.