- 1 kg lamb roast
- 1 kg beetroots
- 1 kg potatoes
- 400 grams goat cheese (2 rolls)
- Butter for frying
- Olive oil
- Fresh thyme
- 3 Garlic cloves (optional)
- Take the meat from the fridge (it needs to be in room temperature at least for 30 min)
- Peel the beetroots and cut them into same size wedges
- Cut the potatoes the same way as the beetroots. Do not peel the potatoes
- Place the beetroots and potatoes on a baking tray and put them into the oven for about 20 - 25 minutes
- Pour 1 dl olive oil in a bowl. Add 1 dl chopped thyme and season with salt and pepper. You can also add 3 cloves of garlic if you have some
- Rub salt and peppar on the steaks and fry them in a hot frying pan until they have a nice browning. Use butter when frying.
- When the steaks are fried, rub the oil and thyme mix on them
- Put the steaks in the oven and put a meat thermometer in the smallest steak. For medium 54 - 56 degrees celsius and for well done 60 - 65 degrees.
- Take out the vegetables and pour olive oil over them season with salt and pepper. I also put some chopped thyme on them. Put back in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes
- Relax for 15 minutes
- Take out the steaks when the innertemperature is between 54 - 65 degrees celsius and wrap them in foil. Let them rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- When the vegetables are ready put them in a bowl and sprinkle goat cheese over them
- Enjoy with a bottle of red wine!
Our philosophical thoughts of the recipe: