Ingredients:Best pizza crust (makes 5 pizzas):
- 1/2 l hand warm water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 bag dry yeast
- ca. 12 dl durum flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 dl olive oil
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 dl grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 dl olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 800g crushed tomatoes
- 2-3 dried chili peppers
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Instructions:Best pizza crust:
- In a bowl mix water, honey, yeast and 3 dl flour for 5-10 min (use a mixer if possible).
- Add salt, oil and rest of the flour and mix until dough is smooth.
- Cover the dough bowl with a towel and let rise for ca. 3 hours in room temperature (or overnight in the fridge).
- Divide the dough to 5 parts. Roll the dough as thin as possible, that way it will cover the whole baking tray. Add tomato sauce and fillings and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until crust is crunchy.
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Rinse the cauliflower. Put all the flower parts in a blender. Cover with water. Mix until consistency is similar to rice. Sieve to get rid of the excess water.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Spread your crust thinly on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Take your pizza crust out of the oven, add toppings and crust for 10 more minutes in 275°C.
- Fry chopped onions and garlic cloves in olive oil. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add tomato puree and let sauté for a couple more minutes.
- Add rest of the ingredients and let cook for ca. 30 minutes.
- Season according to your taste and mix the slightly cooled sauce silky smooth in a blender.
Our philosophical thoughts of the recipe:
Happy new year 2016!! We celebrated it by making 6 pizzas :)
Some ideas for the toppings:
Margarita: 250g fresh mini cherry tomatoes, 1 mozzarella ball , 150g grated mozzarella cheese, fresh basil on top
Salmon pizza: 150g smoked salmon, 100g smetana, 150g grated mozzarella cheese, fresh rucola on top
Hawaiian pizza: 100g ham, 100g Saint Agur blue cheese, 150g grated mozzarella cheese, 1 jar canned pineapple chunks, fresh rucola on top
Quattro formaggi: 4 cheese sorts you prefer. We used gouda, emmental, mozzarella and grated mozzarella.