- 50g yeast
- 5 dl whole milk
- 2 dl sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs cardamom
- 2 tsp salt
- 200g butter
- about 1 kg flour
Instructions:Makes about 30 buns
- Take all ingredients to room temperature 1-2 hours before baking.
- In a big bowl mix yeast and warm milk.
- Add sugar, eggs, cardamom and salt.
- Start adding flour first with wooden spoon. Then use your hands when the consistency thickens.
- Add butter and more flour and knead the dough until it's nice and smooth ball, that does not stick to the bowl.
- Put dough to a warm place covered with a towel for one hour.
- Make buns as your liking. I love to make cinnamon swirls <3 this time I made them and regular buns.
- Put buns on baking trays. Leave enough space.and leave to yeast for one more hour.
- Turn your oven to 225 °C. Bake buns for 10 minutes. Keep watch, so that they don't get too brown.
- Leave to cool (if you can resist) and fill them with almond paste and whipped cream.
Our philosophical thoughts of the recipe:
Fill the buns with whipped cream and amazing almond paste.