- 3 big sweet potatoes
- 200g fresh baby/teen spinach
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 eggs
- 2 mozzarella balls (100g/á)
- bunch of chives, chopped
- bunch of parsley, chopped
- 100g grated hard cheese (we used Västerbotten Cheese)
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes and slice thinly with a food processor.
- Grease a pie form with olive oil. Lay sweet potato slices in a pie form so that they cover the bottom and the edges. Splash some olive oil on top and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake in the oven for 15 min so that consistency of the crust becomes crispy.
- Saute onions and garlic on a saute pan until soft and golden. Add spinach and cook for ca. 5 minutes.
- Shred mozzarella to small pieces with your hands. In a bowl blend eggs, mozzarella, goat cheese, chives and parsley.
- Blend onion mixture to the cheese mixture and season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the combined mixtures to the sweet potato crust. Sprinkle with hard cheese. Lower the temperature to 190°C and bake for 40min so that cheese on top has melted and is nice golden color.
Our philosophical thoughts of the recipe:
It’s not always fun to cook food every day… We wanted to cook a dish which would last for more than a couple of days – and for this purpose this recipe unfortunately was not the optimal choice. It was very yummy and only because the pie was very big, it lasted for four portions. Of course you can eat smaller portions.. if you can ;) I really liked the crispy consistency of the sweet potato crust. Pie was also very filling and perfect for the lunchbox. Recipe is modified to our needs from this blog.