Ingredients:For the sponge
- 110g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 50 g butter
- 85g (ca. 1,5 dl) plain flour
- 30g (ca. 3/4 dl) cocoa powder
For the mascarpone cream:
- 100 g white chocolate
- 250 g mascarpone
- 1/2 dl sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 ml vino santo or other sweet dessert wine
- Tia Maria liqueur
- 150 ml espresso or strong coffee
- cocoa powder for dusting
- 100g dark chocolate (70%)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease and line an oven tray.
- Make the sponge by first whisking the sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy. Fold melted butter trough the mixture.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder in to the bowl and fold the mixture together so that it stays fluffy. Spread the dough across the oven tray and cook for 10 minutes in the oven. Leave to cool.
- In a separate bowl mix the mascarpone cheese with sugar, egg yolk and vin santo.
- Tear chunks of the cooled sponge and cover the bottom of a (heart or round shaped) serving dish with them.
- Sprinkle with tia maria and espresso according to taste. Melt the white chocolate and spread it on top of the sponge.
- Spread the mascarpone mixture over the top and dust with some cocoa powder. Sprinkle shredded cocoa on top.
Our philosophical thoughts of the recipe:
This recipe is a classic (at least in my family)! We found this recipe when me and my sister were still in high school. A big thank you for Jamie Oliver for sharing the original recipe in one of his tv-shows. We have made the tiramisu cake dozens of times since then and it never lets us down.
This time we served the dreamy tiramisu for my and Jens’s parents.